UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The night before

Today was a LONG, but good test day. The amazing doctors did an angiogram this morning and discovered that there are not a lot of big blood vessels I have to worry about around the tumor. That's great. So they didn't have to embulize my brain...clogging it up with a bunch of dust to stop any potentional bleeding. My head is supposedly clear...ha ha. And I got to come home and spend tonight with my family.




Because they had to puncture an artery to do the test, I had to lie flat for 4 hours to allow the wound to heal. I even had to pee in a bed pan. I felt like Ella on the little girls' potty...except I feared I was going to overflow into my bed!


Later I had to have a few small areas of my head shaved for some cheerio looking fixtures to be glued to my noggin. Alien like, but whatever. It's important for guiding the surgeon tomorrow. Hey, if they need to shave my whole body...so be it. Do WHATEVER you gotta do!


I also had a final MRI today. More noise. More needles. More of the usual.


Tomrrow I have to be at United Hospital in St. Paul very early. I'm not sure exactly when the surgery will begin...but it will last several hours. Some have asked, so I'm just letting you know that I'll be fine for visitors in a day or so. Not sure how coherent I'll be, but I'd love to see some of my dear friends faces.


Besides the usual prayers for the doctors and healing and such, my biggest prayers are for my husband and children...especially my husband. He's been my rock. He will continue to be my rock. He is my everything, and has been nothing but amazing through this entire experience.




I won't get anymore sentimental. No need to. The Lord is there for me, and I can feel his healing powers and everyone's amazing prayers.


With love. And now for one last glass of wine before my brain tune up!



Romans 5:2-5: “And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

We are praying for you! Tom will be checking in, often, with Melvin to see how things are going tomorrow. Tom will try and see you in the morning prior to surgery and I will come visit early next week (without the kiddos!).
Take care- Traci

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your wine! Good luck and God Bless- all of you!! I'll be praying hard along with many others. Love, Michelle

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hope you enjoyed your evening and wine :) Thinking of you, and praying for you!!!!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

Hope you had a nice time with family! Lots of prayers for tomorrow!

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing. Your strength and courage are an inspiration and a testimony to what God can do. you are in my prayers as always.
Roz

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger cg said...

I love that photo of you and your hubby, how wonderful that he can and does take care of you and your family! I hope the surgery goes better than anyone can expect and lots of thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it is here The Big Day...not exactly what you had in mind when saying those words....there are no more words other than...GOOD LUCK and of course lots of prayers. We will be anxiously waiting to hear of the success!!!!!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

You won't get this until after all is said and done, but know that we are continually praying for and with you and your family.

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Ps. 18:2

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari and family,

We are sending extra prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. You possess amazing strength--it is truly inspirational. I know Jesus is just wrapping His arms around you so others may see Him through you.

God Bless,
Bernice and Matt Adair

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

A little late to the game - been on vacation, and internet doesn't work well in Maine. I can't be morose, so my apologies. You make me smile all the time with your upbeatness ... so sending it right back at you.

I am thinking of you - and will check back often.

Hugs & prayers from Canada (via Maine)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger momo said...

i'm thinking about you today. and since i have no idea how to contact your hubby irl, i'm hoping that maybe he'll let us know when the surgery is over and successful and you're resting comfortably in bed - awaiting that next celebratory glass of wine, which i will gladly partake of with you.

blessings to you, girlfriend.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Cari,
Finding you through Andrea's blog (an I also know Ann through a parenting site)-and although I don't know you, your story has truly been on my mind since I first read it.
Just know that someone in New York is praying very hard for you, your husband and your children.
God Bless you and God Bless your family.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger KC said...

Best wishes from me too, Cari.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Praying that the surgery went well and the tumor is completely removed. My prayers to your family as well...your children have always struck me as beautiful but seeing you as a couple with your husband the love shines through.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I'm checking in tonight before bed in hopes that there would be a super amazing update. I am praying that today went better than anyone expected. You've got so many strangers praying for you.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Cari,
I've checked your blog six billion times today! I'm praying for great results today during surgery and for healing in the upcoming days. I love you!
Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home