UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Maybe they just lost my brain


Tomorrow they are mapping out my brain.

Does that not sound funny or what?

I mean really. It's supposed to be some test that takes a few hours, but I don't think it should take that long. I can't help but giggle that there's not much to map out. I mean come on...do you know how often I forget things, can't pinpoint things or just plain blank out on information? It's comical really...and this was BEFORE I was diagnosed with any kind of tumor.

I told my dad the test won't take long. He told me otherwise. He said you'd be surprised what they might find in my brain. Possibly we're thinking there's no tumors there after all. Maybe, just maybe, there's a bunch of little brains smashed up in my head causing all this ruckus!

Can't wait to see these results!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Caro said...

You have got a LOT going on. Like you need me to point out the obvious.

Although the forgetting things is just Mom brain right? It starts out as preggo brain that never goes away.

My sister read your blog. She thinks you are as amazing as I do.

I hope your brain mapping goes by quickly.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger C said...

Wouldn't it be great if you had Dr. McDreamy doing the mapping?? Then it could take all day!!

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

McDreamy? Oh yes! Unless he's working on one of those clinial trials where he's injecting deadly viruses into the tunmors...killing his patients! Then I'll just pass!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger C said...

Yes, I would pass on the eye-candy too under those conditions!!!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think if you just went to Seattle Grey's hospital, you'd have a pretty good chance of some eye candy operating on you. Your hair looks really cute short. I like it. Maybe you could keep that style. :) You're awesome.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
I am thinking of you every minute. You ARE amazing. Thanks for giving all of us who read your blog so much...your insight, humor, etc.

I have shared your blog with my friends and co workers. We are all pulling and praying for you.

Debbie Cip

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Litterally sounds like the week from HELL!!! My heart goes out to you and your family...by the way, how are the kids handling things??? I will keep checking for updates on your progress and hope on Friday there will be a "guest blogger" with an update!! Keep the Faith!!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Thinking of you lots, and praying for you throughout the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home