UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just a brief list

I want to document my experience better.

I want to write all about the wonderful people at church and at a local restaurant (Khoury's) who embraced me with their love and prayers today.

I want to tell everyone how grateful I am that my parents are here to support me.

I want to tell everyone how Cameron reacted, sad because he doesn't want me to have cancer again.

I want to thank all my friends and neighbors for just everything.

I want to write about my frustration about getting numbers all mixed up, and my inability to recognize my "normal" confusion with my tumor confusion.

I want to write all about how incredibly grateful I am to my husband for all the phone calls he's making and appointments he's setting up and just his patience with me.

But my head hurts...bad. Sometimes it's better than other times, but mostly it just feels like someone took a baseball bat and smashed me in the back of my head.....not that anyone has ever done that...but it's how I imagine it must feel.

I want to continue to be honest.

So I'll keep writing...but it might be limited.


Deuteronomy 31
31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

We can never have too many friends and supporters.
Very best wishes as always

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Sweetie, just work on getting healthy. Know you are loved and prayed for.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cari, you are so loved by your all your family and friends and by your Heavenly Father. He will see you through this.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddy, Angela, and Andrea have said it soooo well.

Amen

We are praying for ya!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
I am praying with you and for you. I am crying with you and for you. I am angry and frustrated with you and for you. I am also grateful, for all of the love and support, with you and for you. I have reached out to so many people and asked them to pray for you and your family. It is obvious you feel the prayers being offered up for you. Pull from the strength and love of all of us and continue to FIGHT!! You and your family are constantly on my mind and continuously in my prayers. God is with you. We are with you. Love, Cousin Michelle

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Please know we are praying for you every minute of every day. John and Kathleen as well as Pat and myself pray every night for you. Please keep up the fight and know we in New Jersey are praying full force.

With all of our love,
Pat, Kathy, Kathleen and John Baker

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger momo said...

cari - you just do what you can and remember through it that there are people who are lifting you up daily. take care of yourself. if the writing helps to document, then do what you can and, fyi, we don't care if you get numbers all mixed up. :-)

big hugs.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

Cari--
You and your family are in our prayers, my small groups prayers and our churches prayers..........Miss Lilly sits with me when I pray and at 4 yrs old she is a little warrior and askes GOD everyday to take all the yucky stuff out of your body and keep making you more beautiful...My hurt aches for you and your family and please let me know if I can do anything for you and your family, make a meal, clean, take the kiddies.....ANYTHING!!!!
We are praying and praying hard...
The LORD will take great care of you..

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Prayers are continuing for you from our neck of the woods. Do what you can - don't overexert yourself - take heed unto yourself.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might." Eph. 6:10

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep [guard like a military garrison] your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;" Eph. 3:14-16

Our love and prayers are with and for you.

Jaye and family

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

xCari,
As maddy said you can never have too many friends and supporters...but also know that you have strangers like me who feel like they "know" you. I have been following your story for sometime and have always chosen to remain anonymous and to silently send my prayers for health your way. I use several of the blogs I read as a prayer tool, clicking on them each day and new update or not, sending a short silent prayer for health. Cancer has affected our family and I know that prayer can "change" things. My continued prayers for your complete healing and I will add your family for their strength and understanding as you devote your energy to fighting this new enemy. Thank you for your honesty on this blog and if you leave specific prayer requests, I will pray them with you.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I could never be as eloquent as all the other commenters.

Just know I am rooting for you also.

(((HUGS)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home