UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maybe next year

Just a little pick-me-up...for me anyhow.

Last year, just before my breast cancer diagnosis hit, I was offered a really great part-time job teaching middle school students again. Obviously, I had to quit before I even got started.

Now I had already decided that this year that I was not going to return to work. With all the reconstruction I was going to have done, and just a newfound peace about staying at home and not working, I was actually quite content with my decision. Something in the back of my mind (ha, ha) just clicked and I realized that being with my kids right now was just what I needed to do. Obviously, God was preparing my heart and mind for what was to come.

But yesterday, the principal contacted me again to see if I'd be interested in returning this year. Of course my answer is no, and I would have said No with or without my new tumor, but it did lift my spirits to know that professionally, I'm still wanted. Well, maybe. I think possibly a prerequisite for teaching adolescents is to have a full brain!

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

That's cool that you got a call to work. If you want to go back to work after all is said and done, you can use your new bionic brain to negotiate a good salary! ;-) Love & hugs - praying for you continually (Phil. 1:3).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Romans 5: 1-5

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you'd get a call! You are a great teacher. I've copied many things from you (the greatest compliment you can get ;)). Hang in there. Connie

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I thought the prerequisite for teaching children was a large store of valium on hand.

Of course they want you back. You are intelligent and patient.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

AND you exhibit great grace under extreme pressure!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cari,

I am a friend of Jaye De Cohen. I left a lengthy comment for you but it looks like I may not have sent it correctly as I don't see it on your blog.

Here are some verses for you to think about Psalm 118:8,9&17

Psalm 91 is a great psalm of God's protection. Read it slowly and take it to heart!

You are in my prayers and in the prayers of our Bible Fellowship which will meet tonight.

God paid the price in full through our dear Lord Jesus Christ for your victory.

Love and Blessings,
Denise Miller

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Again Cari,

I sent you a music video to your e-mail. Actually I sent to (the first one was a mistake but it is also good.)

Blessings,
Denise

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger momo said...

i think that's awesome. next year for sure.

i think you said today was a free day - i'm hoping your enjoying it with your family and getting some rest.

hugs.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

How cool, to know they wanted you back in the classroom! Next year! :)
Hugs to you!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWWWEEEET!
That sounds great that the principal was still thinking of you!

I am confident that you will be ready to take on the world called classroom again when you are all stitched up and healed up...that is what God is good at doing with people!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick comment - a lot of teachers my kids have had I have questioned whether or not they actually had a brain....a lot looked like scarecrows.. lol!!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and your family. I pray that this is not cancer. You are a great person, mom and writter. I so understand not thnking about it. Give it to the lord to think about. All will be well. I am praying for you and your family. Please when your able update us. I will be on pins thinking about you and your famly on friday. God peace to you and a speedy recovery. God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home