UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Happening this week.

So this is what I THINK is going on this this week.

This morning I had a 3x magnification MRI. It was very loud, and painful because I had to lie on the back of my head for over an hour. But it's done with.

This afternoon I have a preop physical. Easy.

Tomorrow morning I have some major brain mapping going on, so they make sure they don't cut the wrong stuff when in my head.

Tomorrow afternoon, my parents, husband and I will be gathered for cranial prep and teaching. Should last about 2 hours. Not sure exactly what it is, but it's happening. I think it's kinda funny that they're going to try to teach me anything while I'm drugged out on Percaset!

Wednesday should be a free day.

Thursday in the morning they'll do an angiogram, and if I need to be embolized (mind you, at this moment, I have no idea what any of this stuff is), then I'll need to be admited to the hospital.

Friday surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM...to remove the tumor.

I'm just kinda numb to all this right now.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

Was sent to your blog by Momo (http://mommelisa.blogspot.com/)
Sending prayers up, sending you and your family hugs!!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger LoveHopeFaith said...

Cari,
All I know how to do right now, so far away is pray. I wish I could hug you and tell you God will take care of you and your fears. May God hold you, care for you and heal you from the inside out.
Lots of love and hugs
We are praying for your recovery'
Love Brenda

p.s. are you accepting any calls?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home