UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wanna see it?

In case you like to see things, here's a poor scan of my tumor. It's the white circle-type thing you see on the right hand side. One is a view from the top of my head, one is a view from the back. I guess it's about 3 centimeters. And the swelling around it is what's causing all the pain.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Hi Cari,
Other than the white circle thing, your brain looks very smart. This is my attempt to make you laugh, which in light of things may help a little. More seriously, I have been so profoundly amazed at your strength and courage through breast cancer while raising three children and still maintaining that witty humor of yours. You are a serious fighter and an inspiration to all women and mothers. I pray daily for your strength to win this round being thrown at you. May God bless you and your family. Take care,
Melinda (Andrea's sister-in-law)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Angie said...

You're so photogenic; even your brain scan is beautiful! (Minus the dot of course.)

Hang in there - those steroids are awful...I just totally feel for you and pray that you will be able to find a bit of peace and serenity through the ordeals of next week. Praying for you!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Kyle saw the picture and said, "there's a baby in that head."

Hope that's all it is!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home