UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Of course I have a headache!

Needless to say, it has been an emotional day for me. From being quite content, completely relaxed, unbelievably tired, completely frustrated, quite confused, very irritable, overly anxious and completely at peace.

But isn't that everyday for everyone, especially when you have young kids?

On a good note, I had my PET scan today, and like my earlier scan, it came back clean. Nothing new has popped up. So the only cancer they need to look at and confirm now is in the brain. It's quite possible that the cancer was always there, we just didn't know it. It just started showing its symptoms recently. I'm not sure if that really matters or not now. It is what it is.

We meet with the neurologist tomorrow. I'm eager to get this appointment over with so we know where and how to proceed from here. Not knowing what the hell is going on is what's really affecting me negatively right now. Will I need surgery? Can they even do the surgery? Will they just biopsy it? How will this tumor affect me mentally? Physically? When do I start radiation? What about chemo? Should I go elsewhere for treatment? So much to think about...but nothing I can really deal with until I have this initial appointment.

Thank you to everyone who has sent e-mails, blog comments, phone calls, and given offers of help. I appreciate you all and thank the Lord for placing such amazing people in my life.

I'll continue to update.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

I am praying for a peaceful night's sleep despite the steroids... I am so glad they didn't find anything else.

Thinking of you, sweetie.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Cari, for the past several weeks I've been catching up on your posts via my cell phone during my morning commute. This morning I had to pull over. I am just numb. For the life of me I can not understand why bad things happen to GOOD people. My heart goes out to you (and your family) while you're waiting for results. Know that many of us are pulling for you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. This will be just a benign "dot". I’m so sorry. Hang in there! *hugs*
Angie

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

"Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed."

1 Peter 2:24

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

And we'll continue to pray.

"Now unto Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Eph. 3:20-21

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." III John 2

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger JJ said...

I'm relieved to hear about the PET scan but praying hard for the new cancer.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Zephaniah 3:17

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh Cari - I have just read your latest posts. Sending you hugs and lots of support my friend! love Maritha

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

So glad to hear about the PET scan results. Praying for you!!!!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari.....We love you!! Just imagine God's arms wrapped warmly around you.

Love, Dana and Chelsea

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

My friend Carolyn from TMI sent me to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It looks like you have a LOT of people doing the same!
Lael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home