UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

First photos

Introducing.... UGLY BETTY...our 1984 Sunray Cabin Cruiser.
These photos are VERY kind to the old gal, as you can't actually see the faded and worn vinyl, the chipped and splintered paint or all its other little oddities. Here's a view of the cabin underneath. However, since there's no air conditioning on the boat, we can't spend too much time in the sultry "den." Here's where the kids can sleep. Check out all those cupholders!
There is a little working kitchen, complete with a sink, two burners and a tiny fridge. But currently, the water is not connected...so I guess I won't be able to wash the dishes!
I'm not sure how much food will be served here anyhow, since we couldn't fix the broken table. All we have where we'd normally be serving food is space. There is a toilet on board, but I haven't figured out how to work it yet. It has something to do with adding water to it and having to pump it or something before you can flush it. Now this should be interesting. I THINK the bathroom functions as a shower as well. But I do believe I'll just drive the 6 miles to my own hot shower to wash up. Our outside seating is very limited. You can't physically sit on this couch, or you'll find your bum flat on the floor!

It's actually been kinda fun getting it all "cleaned up." The boat was so bad, the people who were servicing it to get it running again actually asked my husband if the boat had been submerged!

How dare they talk about my Ugly Betty like that! Surely they're just jealous!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a project for me to work on during my visits

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

She's a beauty! Looks like you have your work cut out for you!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so wait...you bought a boat?!

-scott

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "UGLY BETTY" is turning into "BEAUTIFUL BETTY" with your touches.

Mom

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Just like the real Ugly Betty, it has character. :-)

I like it.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ugly or not, you guys will have great times and make great memories!! Have you had her out on the river yet?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

You made it sound so much worse than it looks! See, I have seen worse...Lake of the Woods produces some really torn and beat up boats!!!
Traci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home