UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Hiding my head


Being married to a doctor has a lot of advantages. I can get connected to the right medical people pretty quickly, I probably get more time than other patients at my appointments and I generally feel more comforable knowing that my husband is close by in case of any issues.


But it also has its disadvantages. Like when you attend the same clinic where your husband works, almost everyone knows you. Which can be good, or bad, or downright embarassing.


Because when your 7 year old is getting allergy testing done, and the nurse tells him that she's going to rub alcohol on his back...well, I'd really rather his emphatic response not to have been "Oh, you mean the stuff that my daddy drinks!"


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Payback time...........nothing compares to your Show & Tell Picture of Dad in the heartshaped bubble bath tub with an alcholic beverage in his hand at the Poconoes. That dear nun probably had a few good laughs along with the rest of the Catholic school faculty.

Mom

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Your mom's comment made me laugh as hard as the blog entry! I bet you were a great kid; I need to ask your mom to share some stories the next time she is here.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home