UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Proud of my little one


I hope I'm not too presumptuous in announcing this. But I do believe, my little girl is potty-trained! It took Sara and I a week and a half. I felt bad physically forcing her to sit on the toilet those first couple days as she cried in complete agony. But once I decided to potty train, there was no going back. I was going to be more determined to get her out of diapers than she was to remain in them. I knew she was ready...she just needed to know it as well!

She had a few accidents the first few days. But we dealt with them...with Resolve carpet cleaner. The next few days, she stopped battling me and if I requested her to, she'd sit on the toilet. She stopped crying for a diaper, and was finally happy to wear the Dora underwear she had rejected for so long. Then she actually would sit on the toilet and pee everytime I asked her to. Finally yesterday, she decided that she didn't need me telling her what to do. By evening time, she was initiating her own bathroom breaks.

I knew we had finally nailed the potty training this morning, when I couldn't find her anywhere. I finally looked into the bathroom where the door was closed. I found her sitting on her little potty, trying to poop. She looked at me, quite annoyed, and said, "No mommy. Close the door!" I guess she likes her privacy.

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! I just want to do some back flips...if I could!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're just about to start it- tips?
L

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another phase of babyhood done & over with.............history!!!!!
Congratulations to Mom, Sara and Ella!
Luv,
Mom

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

What is it with the third one wanting to stay the baby? I admit, part of me wants to keep her a baby, too, but I can pass on the diaper part!

Congrats to you guys! Go, Ella!! (just use the potty)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Yeah Ella!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger LH said...

Congrats to you both.
She looks very big girlish in that foto.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger AnnD said...

I am hoping to follow your lead in a few more weeks with my boy - he can randomly do a few things, but with the huge car trip up & coming, wasn't going to start just yet.

I hope he gets it as quick as Ella bella!

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

Maybe this would have happened a lot sooner if you had let her feel like she was in charge! Congratulations!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I guess I should have signed my name! On the "in charge comment"

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home