UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Since my white blood cell count was still low 2 weeks ago, my oncologist ordered more bloodwork to be done in 2 weeks.

Two weeks has passed, and my WBC count is still low. It's slightly higher, but still below normal. But all the other blood count tests that they do came back normal. So I don't really know if I should be concerned. My doctor was on vacation, but the nurse said I can call and speak to her on Monday.

The thing is, aside from my newfound paranoia that the cancer will return and some recent migraines/headaches, I feel totally fine. Actually, I'm not sure how a low white blood cell count affects your health, except that I think you're more prone to infection. But I haven't been sick at all. I'm still running and looking to get into a more consistent pattern with my marathon training workouts.

Yes, in case you forgot, I'm still training for a marathon in January. Which might lead some people to believe that I'm quite sick after all.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I imagine it takes a while for a person's body to heal after all you have been through.

All that marathon training should help, at least that's my opinion.

And you'll probably kick a bunch of people's butts timewise too.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

All that training should get the blood flowing, right? That and some chocolate, which is, um, just for medicinal purposes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home