UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Results

When I have chemo put in my spine for my lumbar puncture, the doctor also pulls out some spinal fluid to check for cancer cells. The pathologist said that the cells were atypical. Usually, this is a bad sign...meaning cancer cells. Except this time, she said that the cells seemed to have been degenerated. So it's like the cells were dying off. That is a very good thing. God is healing me. He is.

When I have my spinal done, I must say, the people throughout the entire experience are so incredibly kind...to everyone. From the doctor doing the procedure, to the tech helping, to the recovery room nurses. They really all are amazing. There is one older nurse named Tim who is so amazing with all the patients...just making them feel good...even when they end up urinating on themselves! He's just a very, very kind man! Although I wish I didn't have to see him every 2 weeks, I certainly don't mind.




I still need rest.



Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (NIV).

Exodus 3 3:14 "The Lord replied, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'" (NIV)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger KC said...

I am so glad to read this news, and I am praying right now for a restful night. I hope you get it.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Great news! Continually praying for you.
Hebrews 4:9
"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."


Psalm 37:7a
"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:"

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Cari!!!! Our God IS AN AWESOME GOD!!

Continued prayer for complete healing and peace,
Bernice Adair

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Great news Cari! I hope you can get the rest you need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home