UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another full day ... feeling good

The lumbar puncture went fine. I'm still feeling a little soreness from the procedure, but I'm sure that will go away. I was able to walk for 1/2 hour today on the treadmill. And my day has been pretty full with the kids and such. If you live in the area, here's a fun place to let your kids run: Little Kids Big City

My husband and I did get to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire today. According to a radio show I listen to, it was an uplifting movie. It's not. It has a "happy" ending. But if you're looking for a movie filled with cheer, this is not it. It IS a really great movie though, and one that you should go see. I highly recommend it. FYI, a companion Young Adult book to go with the movie would be Sold, by Patricia McCormack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I've wanted to see that movie, once I'd heard of it from friends that saw it.

Glad to hear you're doing well, not that we expected anything less! God is good!

Love & hugs!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Cari, that Slumdog was not uplifting. As a matter of fact quite a lot of it was very hard to watch. But it is still the best movie I've seen in 3 years.
And Sold (recommended by you) was good as well, but also a difficult topic with a bit of hope at the end.
Debbie Cip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home