UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Gophers, MRI, Movie

We had a really good time at the Gopher's basketball game last night. I forgot how much fun college games are. I hadn't been to a college game since my sophomore year at Indiana University. I hate to admit that tonight I almost didn't go. Five minutes before leaving, I was lying in bed, head hurting, feeling worn out. But I just wanted to do this with Cameron. Along with Melvin, Cameron also brought a friend, and together, we all had fun.

I got my MRI results back, and they were good.....PRAISE GOD! There's no new cancer in the brain and in the area of the spine where the scan was done. And there was some decrease in the cancer as well. This was only for part of my spine. I'm not sure when I'll have an MRI for the some of the other areas. I'll try to post the actual "medical results" this weekend, for those who understand all that jargon

If you're looking for a fun, girly, lighthearted movie this weekend, check out The Bride Wars. My mom and I went to see it tonight, and it was a good time. Warning....there was only one guy in the theatre....it definitely is a chickflick!

Continued thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers!

"Alas, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! There is nothing too hard or too wonderful for you."

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Hi Cari! I'm a friend of Lauren's, I've been checking in on you from time to time... and I just wanted to say Congrats on a great MRI scan. Thank you for being so real in your blog... it is very refreshing and inspiring. I'll be thinking of you next Saturday when we snowshoe for "Team Cari"! My prayers are with you and your family.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!! It was wonderful to read your blog today and hear that you had such a good time at the basketball game. I agree, college sports in general are much more fun to watch than pro. Fantastic news about your recent MRI! We'll continue to pray for you.
Nancy & family

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

AWSOME news, chicka! I love hearing that!

I agree, college games are really fun. I like bringing the kids to those and the minor leagues, too. You can actually see the game and everybody is having such a good time...

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cari! I'm glad you had a good time at both the game and the movie. It's awesome what God is doing in the area of your health. Keep the faith! I looked at your profile favorites and saw that the first movie you have listed is "When Harry Met Sally". I like that movie too. I like it so much that I've purchased it on two separate occassions (lol). If you don't have a copy, I'd be happy to send you one of mine..
Aunt Sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home