UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Building Buddies

I've been on the treadmill a couple times this week. Walking mostly, and then doing a minute or two of running sometimes as well. SLOW.....I'm VERY SLOW. But I'm just trying not to fall over right now. The past 2 nights I've felt good after running. Today has not been an easy day, as far as pain and fogginess goes, so we'll see if the exercise helps tonight.

I had an MRI of the brain and spine again today. Lying on my back seems to cause more head and neck pain, so you can imagine how pleasant that experience was. But I got through it, and I guess I'll get the results tomorrow.

And after my week off, I'm back on my chemo pill of Xeloda...which doesn't seem to have negative side effects for me. Actually, I seem to feel worse when I'm off it. We'll see how this works out this week.



I'm leaving you with a gift: peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives. So, don't be troubled or afraid. (John 14:27)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really needed to hear that verse tonight. Thank you. And thanks for continuing to keep us updated -- on the medical stuff and all of its ramifications, but also on the happenings of your beautiful family. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari:

Is the Xeloda a steroid or hormone or something? Whatever, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling more "normal". I want you to know that I look to you as a hero, you are the most faith filled, courageous, strongest, youngwoman that I have had the pleasure of knowing and I am so proud to call you my niece! I love you so much! You are constantly in my prayers, as well as the rest of your family. Because I know that whatever effects you effects them too, so they need to be as strong, understanding, patient, and faithful as you are.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

P.S.: In case I failed to mention this, I am so relieved that Carlos is out there with you and Max, and so appreciative that you all are looking out for and taking care of my baby! 0000000XXXXXXX!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger KC said...

look at those adorable kids! max's smile!!

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max really does have the BEST smile!!!

Love, Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home