UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 19, 2009

All around

I have another lumbar puncture tomorrow to inject more chemo into the spine. I feel like I just had this done. But I guess it was 2 weeks ago. I'll have to lie flat for most of the morning. Wish I could put a TV on my ceiling.

--------------------------------------

Watching Top Chef has me thinking I should try to be a chef. My previous way of making meatloaf involved an egg, some packet of seasoning, and ground meat. My recipe today was a Martha Stewart one that one of my neighbors made for me last year. As I was making it today, all I could say to myself was, "What was I thinking?" Here's the recipe. It is quite good, but very time consuming....at least by my standards. On tomorrow's menu....scallops. Never made them before, but they're sitting in my freezer. Might as well figure out how to use them.

--------------------------------------------

I am very annoyed about this peanut butter scare. My son eats PB & J for lunch almost every single day.

-------------------------------------------

I'm excited for a new President...finally.

------------------------------------------------------

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." - Genesis 1:29

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

It's "Top Chef", not "Top Scallops", Jamie! LOL!!! I love that show! A lot of people say I could be on that show, but I disagree. Until I go to the C.I.A. Cooking Bootcamps in New Hyde Park, I'm not even thinking about something like that!

I love PB & J, too! Guess we'll have to learn to make our own peanut butter!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Scallops are delicious breaded and deep fried. Mmmmmmm.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
My husband who is a food scientist says that we are safe to eat major brands of peanut butter (Jif Skippy etc). Believe me if he says it's ok, it's ok. He is reading up on this daily (I read your blog and fashion blogs, he reads the food safety blogs).
Secondly, I feel the exact same way about Top Chef! How can you possibly watch this season and not want scallops? (except for the gooey raw one)--I too have copied one of the scallop recipes from this season to make someday. Good luck with your LP today! Thinking of you always...
Debbie Cip

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm following the PB deal too and reading way more than one sane person should and I agree with 'anonymous'; major brands of jarred PB are considered safe- it's the PB flavored items like cookies and cakes and ice cream that should not be consumed.

We love PB in our house, even our cat. Not to be able to eat it would make us all insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home