UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Fun with the Family

Yesterday was a fun day for our family. The weather was unseasonably warm...even reaching almost 50! So it was perfect snowman/play outside weather. Even I joined in the fun...mostly taking pictures, keeping hoods on, replacing wet gloves, and making sure Melvin and Cameron's snowballs weren't hitting Ella or Max!

The day started out, however, with Cameron's last basketball practice of the season.

And then we hung out as a family outside. Later, Cameron FINALLY lost one of his front teeth...and this morning a 2nd one (he looks so funny!). I will be posting a picture later this week.
It was so warm out, that my husband even grilled steaks! Now how awesome is he!

Our evening had a bittersweet ending. It was my mom's last night here. She will be so missed and I can't thank her enough! But it's time for her to go back to my dad and get back to her normal life. We're trying out "normal" life here for now. It won't be easy, but it's something we need to do. My mom will be back in a heartbeat if we need her. But for now, I'm counting on God's healing powers to keep me going strong and to be able to be the mom and wife I want/need to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 17:11-19 (New International Version)
Ten Healed of Leprosy 11Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy[
a]met him. They stood at a distance 13and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"
14When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
15One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
17Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" 19Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Eph. 3:14-16: "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;"

Glad you guys got a nice break in the weather out there, too! You needed it more than we did!

Mmmmmmm, steaks on the grill (drool).... ;)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I see you liked the sermon at church yesterday too! So fun to see all the awesome pictures of you and the family outside enjoying the snow... I'm happy that you feel good enough to send your mom home, but I will miss her too!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Cari~
Praise God for your strength. I am so glad you enjoyed the day outside with the family. From the pictures, it looks as though the sky was clear and blue.

We love you :~D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home