UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good Things

More good news. When they checked the cells from my latest lumbar puncture, there were less cancer cells. So I guess that means the chemo is working. Praise God! More details later when I'm awake enough to get them!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Praising God! Being positive and seeing His glory in our lives is something I have been trying to focus on lately. I need to get better...much better...especially with my kiddos and my husband. And I am not preaching, or being righteous, as I am so guilty in this area of my life. But here I sit at 3 AM, saying that maybe this weekend we can all take a little time to be a little extra happy, a little extra patient with each other. I'm going to try.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to be movie time lately around here. With unbelievably bitter cold temperatures, is there really much else to do!?!

Tonight I went with a couple of my girlfriends to go see Revolutionary Road with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. I thought it was an odd combination at first, considering their Titanic connection, but the acting was so good, you never connect the characters to the old film. With that said, it was a long, drawn-out movie. My husband would have hated it. But I think it brings on really good discussion...especially with girlfriends. So if you see it, allow time for coffee or something afterwards. But if you're looking for a happy flick.....this is not the one. I'm still trying to get someone to see Bride Wars with me. Why not...need a little fluff from time to time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Job 8:21
He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with happy shouting.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
What great news about your results from the lumbar puncture! We'll keep sending prayers your way. The power of prayer is really amazing.
Movies are indeed a great way to make the cold weather go by faster.
With hope and prayers,
Nancy

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari:

I am so happy to hear your good news! Look forward to better news on your next visit. As always, you and your family are in my prayers.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari,

I'm thrilled to hear your good news. Thinking about you and your family.

Marta

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger cg said...

yeah I love getting good news from you ;-) happy to hear that the cancer cells are decreasing and that you are getting more mobile again! I wish I could send you some sunny SA weather
xxx

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Hooray for good news!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Awesome news! God is AWESOME! Thanks for the quick movie reviews. One day, I'll actually get to see some of them, though I did see Benjamin Button - loved that movie.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....my God turns my darkness into light.

Psalm 18:28

Love, Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home