UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blessings

My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary this weekend. Nothing fancy. A really good dinner. We tried a movie....3 times. Who know Slumdog Millionaire was going to be such a popular movie. Even when we purchased tickets in advance, there were no seats available come movietime. We usually see movies during the week...guess we ought to stick to that routine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm feeling better in a lot of ways, in that I want to try to get things back to normal as possible. As long as I can keep adjusting to the pain in my head and the lightheadedness I continue to experience throughout the day when I'm getting up and down, then I think I'll be fine. I'm not sure why the pain in my neck and head continues, but my oncologist said I need to continue to allow time for the pill chemo and the lumbar puncture chemo to work (another round on Tuesday). I'm trying to be patient.

----------------------------

Physically I am getting stronger. I can even lift Ella up a little, and before I could not do that at all. I don't feel as fatigued all the time, and my mind is clear. So I praise God for all the wonderful blessings he has bestowed on me lately.



Ephesians 1:3 (NIV)Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

You are a blessing to others with your honest, heartfelt posts about living with cancer. Continuing to ask God daily to heal you...

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari:

Please forgive my negligence! I forgot about your anniversary! Happy belated Anniversary to you and Max! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better and stronger! As always, you all are in my prayers!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger C said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Happy Anniversary - 11 years, wow, impressive.

Happy you are feeling stronger and able to mix in the daily, glorious grind a bit more.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Cari.
I'm Shawn Johnson's hubby's aunt. Congratulations on you and your hubby's anniversary. And I wish you 11 times 11 more years together.
I have been praying for you a lot and this post was such an encouragement to me. Our God is sooooo good!!! Stay faithful and keep those eyes focused on God.
Sincerely, Bev Phillips

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Thank God for your improvements, too! He is so Great!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. We went out for ours this weekend too, a bit late since ours was the seventh.

It sounds like you guys are an "old" married couple too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home