UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Different Thoughts

One of the issues of my cancer continues to be the time/scheduling. Really, I felt like I wrote and published my blog yesterday......obviously not!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I visited my oncologist and, he said my blood counts looked good. Yeah!!!! They want to start to taper my steroids, which sounds good to me. He said I could be more tired when they start the taper. Maybe that will allow me to sleep through the night without other medication.

Things went very well with Max's preschool trip to the Children's Theatre in Minneapolis. It was fun and the kids had a blast. I'm really happy that I got to go and felt great during the entire performance. It's a wonderful place to go if you're ever interested.

I did try to walk/ run last night. I didn't get very far though. Just felt it was getting late and I needed some rest. Sometimes running clears my mind...other times not so much.

Dear friends, don't be surprised by the fiery troubles that are coming in order to test you. Don't feel as though something strange is happening to you, but be happy as you share Christ's sufferings. Then you will also be full of joy when he appears again in his glory. (I Peter 4:12-13)

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Let not your heart be troubled. You are entrusting God, now trust in Me. (John 14: 1).

I will never fail you nor forsake you. (Heb. 13:5)

Praise God Lord Jesus. I just praise you!!!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Yeah, Cari! So glad that things are looking better and you might be able to get more sleep! We all function better with a good nights rest!

Anyone who has not gone to the Childrens Theatre must GO! We are season ticket holders and we LOVE every performance we have ever been to! Even our 2 year old sits though the entire shows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home