UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So much to say.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome and I couldn't ask for a better dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must write....yesterday was not a very good day. Starting out with me basically not sleeping yet again...which I do believe can make one a bit emotional.

The toilet overflowed with water everywhere. Cameron apparently felt that if he kept flushing...the water would eventually go down...even though it was pouring all over the floor. Why he didn't just stop and tell me, I have no idea. But it was one huge wet mess! I think we used at least half the towels in our house! He was very helpful cleaning up.

However, I thought a pipe was leaking and called all over the place trying to take care of it myself so that Melvin didn't have to worry about it. I finally had someone come who at first also thought I had a leak, but then let me know that that yeah, it was the toilet. I am so grateful that this man came. (From Swenson Construction if you're looking for a really good guy. So no leaks. Thanks to all my neighbors and friends who were trying to help me find a plumber in the morning. I'm glad it was a false alarm.

Medically speaking to be honest, things feel like they have been flip flopping. I haven't had any tests in a while. So I'm not going to write much until I get more information. Some days are great, some are not. This cancer is crazy! But the more positive I remain, and the more I stick to my normal routine, the better things are.

And by the way. Ella, I love you so very much. You're funny and smart and make me laugh all the time!

A complete stranger (a friend of a friend) came by and brought me chocolate today. How kind was that!

Psalm 69:32, “The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.’” (NLT)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I'm glad to hear that there wasn't a major plumbing issue!

Romans 8:18, 28
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Cari! It is obvious to me that you ARE an AWESOME Mother and human being!! Ella and all of your children can see that and feel your love everyday. This is in their hearts and is shaping who they are and will become.

Prayers for healing and serenity,
Bernice Adair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home