UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

We all should boast about our kids more


Just need to say some good things about my kids.

Cameron
My oldest is just a busy bee. He's interested in so many things. From finishing Diary of a Wimpy Kid Three, playing his video games, working on a school knitting project, playing with friends, etc. We had his conference with his teacher and he's doing very well. I'm very proud of him.

Max
My middle child had his Kindergarten screening this week. He officially can now enter Kindergarten in the fall. Woo hoo! As usual, Max is very helpful and loves his art. He would draw and color and cut all day if I let him. I have him enrolled in an art class so he'd have something just for him to do. Now I still need to figure out what to do with all those projects!

Ella
When she's not driving me up a wall half the time with her stubbornness, Ella is cracking me up. The other day she wanted to go to Max's art class. I told her that Max goes to art class, and she goes to dance class. She looked at me and adamantly yelled, "Dance class is BORING!" Such a silly girl. That little munchkin loves dance class. She's just growing and growing and it's fun to hear her mind working!
-------------------------------------
You're turn. Brag on your kids here.
--------------------------------------------

For God hath not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger JJ said...

My daughter is 3 and she's also a singer/dancer. Her favorite CD is the Mamma Mia soundtrack. We watched the movie a couple weeks ago and she danced to all the songs and knew the words. When the sappy mother/daughter scene came on (my fav) she snuggled up to me and said: This makes me cry Mommy. I love you! Then she held my face and kissed me. She's such a sweet and loving girl!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Mitchell - loves swimming and is silly.
Levi - is passionate about hockey and cowboys...
Ava - well, she's adorable.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and find you to be very inspiring and incredibly strong. However it is somewhat bothersome when your comments about your daughter are always tinged w/ criticism. You don't do that with the other two. It seems you have a contentious relationship w/ her and that's sorta sad. I always wonder what she would think reading this blog 10 years from now when she's a teenager and is looking for something lovely weritten about her, but always finding it qualified w/ what a brat or pain she is. I hope you don't take this wrong. I am only thinking of your daughter

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

Hi Cari,
Your kids are such fun and I'm happy to read that Cameron's learning to knit! :-)
You are a good mom to manage those 3 different personalities as well as you do!
(((Hugs))) from Rochester

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been a reader of yours for over a year. What a blessing your three children are. I enjoy watching them grow up.
My children are almost grown up. I say that with a prayer. We lost our oldest son, Joshua, in a car accident in 2003. He would be 22 now. Jennifer is 20, married and having our first grandchild. It's a girl! And Justin is 13. He kept us going after we lost Joshua.
Enjoy your little ones!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....An I have a 17 year old who likes to text 24/7...but I don't know if that is something to boast about!!

Dana

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

First off...In response to "Anonymous" - You must not have boys and then a little girl. Little girls with older brothers are very demanding, stubborn and want everything their way! The drive you crazy and can also be a joy, just depends on the day and their mood!

Okay...Wesley is getting all A's, was selected to take the EXPLORE test (8th grade exam) and we get results in 5 weeks. He is improving on his ski jumping, learned to snowboard and is 2 belts away from becoming a black belt. Lincoln is getting good grades, learned to be more confident on down hill skis (all black diamonds now), is now ski jumping the 30M jump, got great scores on the MAP tests, and recently moved up to juniors class in Tae Kwon Do. Kennedy has improved on his ski jumping and got first place in his class last week, in focusing more at Tae Kwon Do, learned how to down hill ski last month and will only go down black diamonds now, and he is getting good marks in school. Felicity is independent, drives me "nuts", got a really cute short haircut and is just fun to watch grow!

Cari...We are always thinking of you and hoping you are doing well managing everything since your mom went home! Please let us know if you need anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home