UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Can't give up

I had my Lumbar Puncture procedure done today. The doctor removed some spinal fluid, which will be analyzed, and then he inserted the new chemo into my spine. It really wasn't a big deal, and felt no different than the last time I had a spinal tap when I was down at Mayo. It's annoying to have to lie flat on your back for hours after the procedure, especially when I am a side/stomach sleeper, but I was able to catch up on all my Top Chef shows that I had missed!

Barring any major medical complications, we ARE going to Florida tomorrow. It is going to be a very long day, but we'll get through it. And once we get there, I'll have lots of help. In addition to my mom and my husband to help out with the kids, once we get to Florida, we'll be meeting up with my sister, niece, my friend Lanette and her middle school aged son. My sister and friend will be running the Disney Marathon, which was the entire purpose of this trip when we originally planned it this summer. Obviously, I'll just be cheering on the sidelines.

I was pretty down yesterday...many tears after hearing the negative MRI test results. But I'm much better today. I can't just give up. So I'll keep doing whatever it takes to get this cancer to go away. And I'll continue to pray, and pray, and pray. Only through my trust in God will this cancer go away. It won't always be easy, and there are going to be some hard times, but I've got to have faith...I just must.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Cari,
Have a fabulous trip to Florida. I will be praying for this chemo to fight off the cancer and thinking about you and your family playing on the nice warm beach.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger cg said...

Enjoy your family trip Cari, and we will believe with you and not give up ;-) lots of sunny hugs from us xxx

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Have fun in Florida! I'll be tracking our sisters online, and continually praying for you!

Isaiah 40:28-31 "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."


Galatians 6:9
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger unzen said...

Cari, I pray you will feel great in the Florida sun. Will be nice to have a family trip. I am glad you have help. I pray your pain will decrease and you will feel at peace. God Bless you.

unzens6-animals.blogspot.com

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if you know this but Disney has a special pass available to anyone going through chemo. My wife's oncologist was able to write a "chemo fast pass" which basically gets you/ family to the front of every single ride/ line at any time. It is truly worth it and anyone having gone through chemo, let alone multiple chemos, deserves it.

Good luck and God Bless you

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari and family,

A much belated Thank you for the Christmas card. Your family is beautiful! So sorry to hear about your results, but I BELIEVE that you can get through this. Wonderful that you get to go to Disney/Florida. I finally went for the first time in my life this summer. I definitely think it's one of the greatest places on earth! If you can get the FASTPASS because of your chemo--GET IT!!
Enjoy,
Bernice Adair

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger KC said...

have a great time in sunny florida, cari!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger C said...

You are right: you can't give up! Keep fighting and we will keep praying for you. You are an amazing person with an amazing family and an amazing life. It is really unfair that you have to go through this difficult journey, but you have demonstrated an unwavering faith and a steadfast determination that will see you through this challenging time. Keep your focus on your beautiful family and keep fighting. We are cheering you on!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
I am sorry to hear that you received some unpleasant results. I wanted to let you know that my sister-in-law and her church are praying tonight for complete healing for you. I will continue to do the same. Do whatever you have to do in order to enjoy your trip to Disney!! I admit I am quite jealous!!!! Have fun.
Love, Michelle

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I was so sorry to hear of the latest news. We continue to pray for you all the way. Enjoy your vacation trip to Florida with your family.
Love to all,
Aunt Eileen

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy! We'll see you when you return!
Connie

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'll be praying for you. HEALING!
Enjoy Disney and the time with your family. Disney is so magical.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Enjoy your trip to Florida. Thinking about you and wishing you sunny days. You are truly a wonderful woman.

Marta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home