UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A very merry Christmas


Four weeks ago, I spent a lot of Thanksgiving trying to cook. It was no easy task for me, and I never would have been able to do it without my mother. I had a hard time following recipes and there were a few dishes I make all the time that I had a really hard time remembering how to cook. I was very stressed out and really needed a lot of help. Now here it is twenty five days later. Except for the dessert and the Honey-baked ham that was already prepared, I cooked the whole Christmas feast, which involved most of same food as Thanksgiving. So when people ask me how I'm doing, I can legitimately say, MUCH BETTER!

Cameron was up EARLY this morning. Melvin told him he couldn't wake us up before 6:00. But that didn't stop him from getting up or from waking up his brother. Cam came down stairs and to take up time, starting writing notes on slips of paper and posting them around the room to direct each person where their gifts were located. Max was very excited to open his gifts and he didn't even complain that someone got something he wanted. However, he did spend a lot of the day playing with Ella's big gift. Once she finally "woke up," was out of her tired funk, and put a smile on her face, she started opening her gifts and had a lot of fun.

Overall it was a really good day. But now I'm very tired, and really ready to sleep.
Matthew 2
The NativityBible Story
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) to be taxed with Mary, his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid: And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. And all they that heard it, wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. It's wonderful reading how today's meal was much easier than Thanksgiving. I hope things continue to improve.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Why is Max being a party pooper by telling Cam he couldn't get up before 600a? When we were kids we used to call each other in the middle of the night! HA! HA!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
I was thinking about you all today. It's good to see from your blog that you are doing better. I pray that the New Year will bring health, peace, and prosperity. Tell the family we said hello.

Terrence Barr

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

My sister told me you were cooking - I'm so glad to hear that things went much better (not that I expected anything less!), and that you all had a great holiday! God bless! Love & hugs!

P.S. - Love your card!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and are improving so quickly. I only pray that your spead of improvement continues so fast. Give Dana a hug for me and tell her Merry Christmas. Love Lori Couch

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
I'm so happy that you are feeling stronger these days. From my family to yours...I wish you much love and a very Happy New Year.

Marta

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger C said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

Good for you Cari--getting that whole Christmas dinner by yourself! Sounds like your family had a wonderful Christmas.
I love Ella's big doll (it's Dora, right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home