UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Party Time

Because of my anxiety surrounding anything to do with numbers, and time and schedules, I was incredibly nervous about having Ella's birthday party. I did get the time wrong, and showed up with my kids 40 minutes early, in the middle of another party. And the pizza was never ordered, (not my fault) which started to put me in a panic with 20 hungry kids, but even the pizza ended up coming came just in time.



The people at Rolly Pollies are incredible. I heard it was their 4th party of the day, and believe me, you'd never know it. The two guys who ran the place had so much energy and didn't show an ounce of frustration. They did everything....from hanging out with the kids, to serving all the party stuff. I would highly recommend this place if you live in the area.
If this cake looks familiar, it's because it is the exact same cake Ella had last year. She wanted the Backyardigans again, and although I presented her with several other character options that she enjoys, she had no interest in Dora, WalE, Tinkerbell, Dinosaurs, WonderPets, etc. So Pablo, Tasha, Uniqua, Tyrone and Austin it was....again. The kids had fun hanging from the rings, holding on for dear life to the zipline, climbing the net, and dropping into the foam squares.

In other news...the medical kind...I'm feeling good today. A little sluggish, but I feel sounder in mind. I've devised a calendar system to help me keep my schedule straight. And I'm now trying
out some vitamin supplements and other "brain" foods and drinks.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joel 3:10

Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, I am strong.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I'm glad the day turned out well for both you and your little princess. That place looks like a lot of fun!

I'm also VERY blessed to hear your progess, no matter how "small" you think they may be. You're manifesting that healing and sometimes it just takes a while. Sending so much love your way right now, it'll take all day for you to get it!! ;)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I always use a calendar to keep my schedule. The last birthday party I was taking my daughter to, I forgot what time it was and I had just checked the calendar.

My son saw Ella and said, "Hey, that's my friend Emily."

She looks a lot like one of his K1 classmates.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

The boys had a BLAST... Thank you!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

It looks as though everyone had a good time!

I am so proud of you for exercising your faith by starting a calender to keep your schedule straight. Praise God for your strength and that you continue to stand on His promises!

We love you :~D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home