UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Our daily grind

It was negative one this morning...with a windchill below negative 20. And it snowed last night. I am so grateful for our snowplow service!

Started my new chemo pill Xeloda today. So far, I'm fine. Here's some info about it. Apparently most people don't lose their hair. Now, my hair is already gone from the head radiation...so I'm not sure if this means it will still grow back. If not, the very sweet au pair (nanny) across the street who is a hairstylist and cuts hair and wigs for runway models and such gave my wig a new style. I like it much better, and even wore it to the movies last week. When I find the picture I took, I'll post it here.

Doing physical and occupational therapy twice a week. I have math homework! Cameron looked at it and asked me if I wanted him to do it for me....that little munchkin!

This was my first "school day" without my mom here. With the help of some friends, I had some drivers for my appointments and getting Max to and from school. Except for the physical stuff that I just can't do right now because of my arm...well shoulder actually...like lifting up Ella...I was able to do mostly everything. The kids were actually really good this morning....instead of the usual whining, screaming and begging. Today Cameron was teaching Max and Ella how to read. He was doing a really good job, and Max and Ella were actually learning from him!Next I'm going to try driving....after the roads are all completely plowed and free of ice. If I am able to drive again, then my mom can finally go back home to my dad (not that I want her to leave at all...but she does have a home and another "life" besides taking care of me and my kids). Please pray that things continue to go in a positive direction.


Matthew 15:30-31

And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them; insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see; and they glorified the God of Israel.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Praying for your continued healing! Cameron is such a sweetheart! I'm so blessed to hear of your constant progress! God is GOOD!!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

Sounded like a good day to me! Keep on keeping on. We love you, Connie

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

I hope things go well with your Xeloda Cari. I'm glad to hear you're doing well with all your therapy and even thinking about driving again!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger mi said...

Holy cow, that's cold!!!Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day enjoying all your blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home