UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long Ago

We had a very busy weekend! Friday night my mom got us tickets through my Uncle Chris to go see Disney on Ice. The kids really enjoyed it, and Ella keeps asking me what I liked in it. She decided that she liked Tinkerbell. Cameron and I liked The Lion King and Max liked The Little Mermaid. When my mom first brought up going, I didn't know how I'd be feeling, and I was tempted to just say no. But I decided that all family things will be a "yes" answer. Then if for some reason, on that particular day, if I'm not feeling well, well, then I might have to say no. But for now, as long as it's not too physical, and it doesn't require me to lift up Ella by myself, I'm game for going mostly anywhere.
On Saturday evening we took a holiday lights bus tour around our city. We saw over a dozen extravagantly lit houses. Last year I mapped out a route and took the kids around. It was more fun this year letting someone else take us around. And we won a bunch of door prizes, which is always fun.
Today we went to visit a friends' church that they just acquired. The church reminded me of the building where my husband and I were married. So that was fun.
Speaking of married, check out this picture:
That's my grandmother and grandfather. Cameron was doing a project for school about "long ago." My Aunt Nancy was able to scan in some old pictures and e-mail them to us so we could print them out. Cameron's projected ended up being about the old car. He learned that the car didn't have any seat belts, but there was heat. There was also a radio, but no navigation system.
Here are some more photos to enjoy. The baby is my Aunt Nancy and the girl is my mom. They're in Ocean City, New Jersey I assume.

My Aunt Nancy in a stroller and that's my Uncle Jimmy behind her (I think).

My grandmother standing next to another car...probably in Camden, New Jersey.

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Proverbs 17:6

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Love the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home