UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

One therapy over, another starts

I finished my upper spine radiation yesterday. It's always bittersweet when I finish my radiation because oh I am so thrilled that I don't have that daily often unpredictable (timewise) appointment. But the radiation therapists and other radiation nurses and support staff I see on a daily and/or weekly basis are so incredibly nice, I'll miss seeing them.

Great news about my brain scan. According to the report, there is no cancer in the brain. The surgery, or chemo, or radiation worked. I say this cautiously because my husband said there can be cells that are too small to be seen. But for now, we are very happy. And praise God for his healing and the talent and knowledge and guidance that He gave the doctors.

The next step is do get an MRI of my spine where they radiated several weeks ago. That will be happening tomorrow. And I'll probably be starting a pill form of a chemotherapy soon called Xeloda. It's not supposed to have a negative effect on my mental function, so that's really important to me...especially right now.



(Psalms 30:12 KJV) To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW! Whose report will we believe? We shall believe the report of the Lord!

Continue to walk by faith and not by sight :~D

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time and I can't tell you how happy I was to see the words "there is no cancer in the brain". Thank GOD!! I have been so worried about you and I don't even know you! I read your blog almost every day, but this is my first comment.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger mi said...

Wow..that is truly fantastic news! Your house must be so happy and grateful tonight. I know this tough journey is still not over yet, but how wonderful that you have reached another wonderful milestone. I hope the next tests tests come back with great results, and the new chemo isn't rought.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger cg said...

yeahhh that is such wonderful news ;-) I am really happy to read that there are no cancer in your brain. Thinking about you lots and trusting with you that this is just the first bit of lots of more good news to come.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger KC said...

I'm so happy about this encouraging news!! I also hope the new pill is easy on you.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoorray for the good new and thank God!!! It couldn't come at a better time of the year as hopefully you can enjoy Chrsitmas with your beautiful children and family!!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

PRAISE GOD!!! Psalm 28:7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."

That is AWESOME news!! God truly is good to His children! Expect miracles everyday!

Love & hugs!

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is GREAT Cari....Love you lots!!!!!!! Dana

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so very happy for you. you are thought aboput every single day and in my prayers. thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

That is FABULOUS news!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, we will continue to lift you up in our prayers...We look forward to hearing more of God's miracle in your life. :) Hugs from the DeMarco family in NJ!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Oh Cari! What great news you received! As always, we are praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home