UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hustle and bustle

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!! These days right before Christmas sure are tiring. This morning, I had so much to do, but Ella decided to wake me me up at 4:00 AM. Usually she just goes back to sleep if I put her in my bed. But today she decided to roll around all over me for a couple hours until we finally went down to the couch to sleep and then she informed me that the sky was pink and not dark, so it was time to get up.

This was not the day for me to be so exhausted. All I wanted to do was go back to bed. So that I wouldn't, as soon as I made sure Cameron was on the bus, the only thing I did to get ready to go out was brush my teeth and put on a pair of jeans. I didn't wash my face, put on make up, or even change the fleece sweatshirt I slept in. I was looking pretty bad as I wandered through the mall trying to pick up all the gifts I waited to buy at the last minute. But I must say, I didn't care one bit. And the only people who sorta snubbed me were those working at Hollister.

Cameron was funny tonight. He kept wanting me to open one of his gifts. I kept telling him I was going to wait until Christmas. Finally he was bugging me enough that I gave in. When he gave me the gift, he was laughing. I opened what I could tell was a book, to discover a an old "teaching" book of mine. Cameron wrapped up the book somewhat as a joke, but what he doesn't know, is that it really meant something to me. Because I miss teaching. I was especially missing it this evening because I had just read some Christmas letters from some former colleagues of mine. But there will be time for teaching, when I'm healed, and my kids are all back in school.



Here's a picture one morning of Cameron doing a "Reading Lesson" with Max. I used the same book (How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" to teach Cam how to read, and although Max and I have gotten a late start, he's progressing nicely.


John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas full of the blessings from Our Lord Jesus. I have been following your journey through your blog, and from updates through Angela and am so grateful to see that all the prayer and procedure are working. My prayer for you is that the road continues to be uphill and the Lord remains faithful- that of which I have no doubt.

Many blessings,
Kate (in the Kitchen)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

That Cameron is such a sweetie - I think children born on that day just have a natural sweetness about them ;). Have a very blessed and wonderful Christmas!

And forget about those Hollister jokers! ;) You're His best!

Love & hugs!

And everyone who frequents this blog, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and everything in between! All the best to you! Just remember, you're watching a miracle happen!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! We think you got the best gift of all...Healing! We still continue to pray for more healing! May you have a great holiday and enjoy your family! Take care! Love- The Sanneman Family

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Melly said...

Merry Christmas. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger mi said...

Cari,
I am continually amazed and so happy with the progress you have made. It sounds like you are truly getting a Christmas miracle this year, and how well deserved that is. Your unwavering faith and commitment to continually caring for those around you through this illness is inspiring. I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by those you love, and look forward to reading about what a Happy New Year you may have with your family and friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home