UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kindness of strangers

I continue to be in awe of everyone's kindness. Today especially to the kindness of strangers. At church today a lady came into my row, looked me right in the eye and sincerely asked me, "Hi there. How are you doing today?" She looked a little younger than me and was wearing a hat. I didn't even realize until my husband told me later that she was dealing with cancer as well.

Toward the end of the service, my pastor called people up who needed prayer. At first I wasn't going to go, because I was rather tired and didn't want to wait in line. But a couple who I know from church saw me waiting and came up to pray for me. I am so grateful they did this.

And then while my husband was picking up all the kids from their Kid's Church rooms, I was sitting out in the lobby. Two different strangers saw me sitting and came up to me to tell me they would be praying for me and my family.

Really, people are good.

-------------------------------

By the way, Ella wasn't sick at all today. Praise God!

-----------------------------------
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another; not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer….Romans 12:10-12 KJV

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

Hi Cari,
Isn't it nice to know that even people you don't know care about you and your family?

When my brother was having his first round of chemo years ago, I think he had a really hard time dealing with strangers who wanted to help and pray for him....maybe having to admit weakness or acknowledging that the cancer was making his life so hard just then. We kept praying for him anyway and he's still enjoying his life and family 11 years later.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog from my Google alert on dealing with cancer. The title of this post caught my attention, and it's really true. Thanks for pointing out again how much it means for someone to make a simple statement of support and encouragement.

Blessings as you deal with the stuff on your plate, and may God give you exactly what you need each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home