UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A nice knitter, a fat face, and some cute kids

A really nice lady who reads my blog RuthieJ knitted me some very beautiful, comfortable and warm hats. Perfect for this Minnesota weather! I was just going to post a picture of the hats, because I HATE the way I look right now. Of course I have no hair, the steroids make my face fat and and my eyes puffy as well. But you know what, there's nothing I can do about it. It's just the way things are going to be right now, so I'm finding myself just learning to be okay with it.
Now for some cuter pictures. Here's a rare moment of Ella actually smiling for the camera. She was so excited when she woke up from her nap and saw the tree...you'd think it was Christmas morning already she just couldn't stop smiling. We don't have one of those "department store" Christmas trees where all the ornaments match. But the kids and I, and Cameron especially, like to look at the different ornaments that they made over the year. He and Max also play "I Spy" with the ornaments on the tree.

Max wanted to be like his big brother and see how high he could climb the ladder when putting up the ornaments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depart from evil and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. Psalms 34:14

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

Oh Cari, that color looks great on you! I'm so glad you like them!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger C said...

Cari -
You are truly beautiful inside and out! Glad that you are enjoying the holidays with your beautiful family.
Love, Carina

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Summer said...

Cari-
Your eyes are stunning in that picture - they immediately just popped off the page. Absolutely beautiful!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the Holidays! I found out over Thanksgiving that I make a pretty darn good pie....

Hope you're feeling well today!
Kristina
(Annie's Sister)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

I think you are pretty like your mommy.

The picture is awesome - if I had a nice one like that I would be overjoyed. Your skin might be a tad pale - but it is so clean and nice!

Always trying to be positive - what a great hat.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I am glad you posted a picture of yourself. You look beautiful. Enjoy decorating for Christmas.

I have to get a Christmas tree for me and the kids. That is my project this weekend.

We love you. Continue to walk by faith and not by sight. ;~D

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful hat for a BEAUTIFUL face.

Those babies of yours are just as beautiful as their parents!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Mama Pea said...

Hi, Cari - I check your blog now and then as a link off of RuthieJ's. Just saw the above picture you posted of yourself modeling one of the hats Ruthie knit for you.

I can understand that it's upsetting because the face looking back at you out of the mirror isn't the one you're used to seeing or want to see, but I've got to say, girl, years of plastic surgery couldn't make me look as beautiful as you do in that picture! You are a knock-out! Don't hide your light under a bushel basket . . . put that lovely face and pretty smile out there for all to see.

My very best wishes to you.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Caro said...

That hat looks great with your eyes.

My sister is bald now. I know she hates it.

She is still beautiful to me.

I am glad we have medicine to treat her even though the side effects stink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home