UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Despite the usual rocky begining, today turned out to be another pretty good day. No matter how much I want to just lie down in bed and do nothing sometimes, I must force myself to get up and do something...going somewhere helps.

Today my husband and I went to get a family portrait framed, and most of the rest of the day was filled with getting all our Christmas stuff out and together. I've always been the one in charge of the Christmas tree....especially the lights. Because of my weakness, I was not able to do my usual job. But my Dad is the light master as well...and the tree looks great with the lights (although we have a LOT of ornaments to "rearrange" from the kids' creative placement). My mom helped get the rest of the house decorated, and Melvin made sure the kids had fun hanging the ornaments on the tree.

To be completely honest, I was wanting to skip Christmas this year. Now obviously I wouldn't, and couldn't...not with 3 kids. But I just felt overwhelmed and anxious about it all....but I feel much better now that my family helped bring the Christmas spirit all through my home.

Besides the usual prayer request for healing, I ask that you pray for Ella as well. She had a fever yesterday and still has one tonight.


Proverbs 17:22 A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Prayers to you and your little princess! May you both have sweet dreams tonight.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

We got our tree and lights up today, too. I love the twinkle!

Love you, sweetie. Glad your family is there to help you out. Hope the little sweetie feels better soon! We will pray for you both!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

Christmas brings so much joy to little kids and big kids. I'm glad you decorated today! Peace to you, Ella.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger KC said...

i'm glad you're not skipping christmas, and i'm glad your fam was there to take the lead.

i'm getting my advent wreath today, and i'll be doing some prayers for your fam.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

James 2:26

Getting out of the bed, although you do not feel like it, is an act of your faith. Continue to take those small faith steps everyday by doing something that you do not feel like doing.

Christmas can be overwhelming if we let it be. However, when we remember that we are celebrating God's gift to us, His Son-Jesus, then we get through this time with peace and tranquility.

Hugs, Love, and Kisses :~D

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cari,
I've been reading your blog for the past several weeks. I open your blog each day... hoping that your day was a good one for you. I am so impressed with your strength and your caring about others. You and your beautiful family are in my prayers.

With love,
Marta

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Hey you

We have just come through a really bad virus in this house - the two older ones were off school for the entire week. We didn't hit the ped - because, well, I hate waiting rooms. It was a virus, and it passed, very very very slowly with very high fevers. The baby had it the week before so we were versed. The #3 kiddo (so Ella's age) skip it all. Hope she shines through.

Thinking of you always - had a MRI on my head this week (whole adventure) - and well, just thought of you, and it helped, a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home