UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Cold, dark evenings....ugh.


It's November here in Minnesota, and the temperatures are starting to drop. There might even be a little bit of the S-word next week...just flurries...but still the S-word.

That means less outdoor time with the kiddos, because, well, I don't do cold very well. And with my immune system down, the freezing air just exacerbates my cough and faucet of a nose.

But I found a bit of a solution to help take up those 2 to 3 hours between dinner and bedtime. On Comcast On Demand, if you go to the Kids section, there's a Kid's Fitness button. Tonight we did a little Kid's Tae Bo...which isn't easy! Try it out.

It takes up some time, the kids get some of their energy out, and you'll get a TON of laughs watching them....as long as they keep the kicks and punches to the air, and not on each other!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can only hope august decides to dress like max in that photo.

-s

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once consolation - we get to set our clocks back tonight! Woo hoo!!!

You take great pictures, btw!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Great idea on the excercise - will have to see if your kid's on-demand channel does something similar.

I am not that fond of winter either.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I have been trying to figure out how to get NyCee to burn off that last little bit of energy at nite. Thanks for the tip!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Ella looks so much like you in that first picture! What a great and fun way to burn off all of those winter comfort food calories!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing picture of Ella! Any interest in wedding photography?

Gayle

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I must give credit where credit is due....my Mom took those pictures posted above...not me.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture of Ella!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home