UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Patience...here is the halloween picture.

Here we are in our Halloween habits.

I bet many of you have no idea who my kids are.
Honestly, I don't know anything about who Cameron is. I think it's someone from Star Wars. The character name is Bubba Fett. I spent way too much money for this costume...that went on sale 2 days later...went on a "clearance sale"...which means I couldn't get a price adjustment. And Cameron was REALLY mad at me because I made him put on a jacket, which meant "no one will see how cool my costume is!"
Max and Ella are characters from The Backyardigans. This is a show on Nickelodeon, with these little animal friends who hang out in their backyard, making up adventures, singing almost every word, and doing lots of little dances. Ella and Max (Ella especially) love this show. She is Uniqua, who I think might be a salamander, and Max is Pablo, a penguin.
I, of course, am a witch. I figure my kids think I'm that most days anyhow, so it wasn't much of a stretch.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god cari, i know your world revolved around cindy lauper, kirk cameron, and rainbow bright around the time star wars was on our radar, but do you really not know who Bobba Fett is? come on!

-s

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

S-
Cyndi Lauper...absolutely.
Kirk Cameron...so dreamy.
Rainbow Bright..NOT.
And really, I have NO IDEA who Bobba Fett is. Hated Star Wars..never really seen much of it. So who is he? A good guy or bad guy?

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! Is that a fairy necklace Max is wearing?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Not a fairy necklace..just one that "my girlfriend Abby made me"

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I absolutely love the Backyardigans. In fact, I surf the channels looking for that cartoon when NyCee comes home from the learning center. They are too funny with the dancing and singing.

The best part is when one of the character's gets hungry and it makes the sound of a stomach growling...I laugh every time.

(I have to get a life!)

Everyone looks so cute.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Very cute- Tom and the boys saw Cameron's costume and THEY ALL wanted it. Bobba Fett is HUGE at our house- in fact Tom has made several Bobba Fett cakes for birthdays!

I also thought a witch costume would fit me (if I ever decide to dress up with the kids)- the kids are always telling me how MEAN of a mom I am! I guess it comes with the job title "MOM"!
Traci

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...If it makes you feel any better..I don't know who Bobba Fett is either...and I've seen the Star Wars movies.

And...max looks VERY proud.

Love, Dana

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The geek in me leapt with joy when I saw Cameron's costume. And it's Boba Fett (one "b"). The Backyardigans are cute - my friends' kids watch it and last year, one of them was Uniqua. Very cute costumes.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boba Fett is a bad guy...sort of. Everyone loves him though.

Ok, not Rainbow Bright. Cabbage patch kids, Care Bears, etc. etc.

-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home