UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My hairlairious helper

The other day Cameron wanted me to read him my blog that I was working on. Then he asked if he could write something to put on my blog. It took him awhile because not only did he have to figure out what he wanted to say, but he had to figure out how to spell everything, then find the letters on the keyboard, and then correct his spelling. (Plus he had a million distractions with his brother and sister, the TV, homework, playing with friends, arguing with me, etc.).

This is what Cameron wants to say about his mom’s cancer. I want to help her pull out her hair out. We are going to have to make her food. She already had chemotherapy. I want Mom to feel better. I am sad about it.


What a sweetheart he has been lately. Today he wore his "Cari's Crusaders" shirt that my friend Lanette sent him, and during his freetime at school, he made me a card.

Below are some pictures of him pulling my hair out...because he thinks it's quite funny. This was two days ago. Yesterday I had my 2nd round of chemotherapy (1/4 done). Now when I run my fingers through my hair, dozens of strands fall out each time. The shower is just a mess. I'm getting it cut tomorrow afternoon.



You can still order popcorn to support Cameron's scout troop. Please go to www.orderpopcorn.com and input TEJTEWX when it asks for an Order Key. The chocolate carmel popcorn is to die for!


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so sweet.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cam is such a sweetheart. Please tell him that I loved his blog entry, and that his spelling is incredible, AND that I look forward to reading more of his blogs.

Great shirt by the way :) I didn't know they had a long sleeve version. Must get it. Love, L

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Seems like Cam has inherited your strength. What a wonderful son! I see he's going to really be very helpful (perhaps even with his brother & sister) in the days/months to come. BTW, in spite of everything that is going on, you look great! Praying for you continually!

Love & hugs!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Oh Cari! How sweet...It is hard to go through what you are going through and then to see how your kids react is even harder! Is your mom still there? Do you need any meals or anything? Please let me know, I would be honored to help you out!!!!
Traci

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very therapuetic to have the kids involved like that....speaking from a social worker...you are doing the right thing...

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious entry...thanks for sharing! I agree with kimberly....heck I agree with everyone that has posted above me...so I don't have much of anythng different to say....just wanted to type here so that you would get some sort of cyber hug from me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home