UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Not a costume...really

Yesterday, Max's preschool had a Halloween party. Since my mom and Sara have been doing the pickup and drop-off lately, none of the parents know me, nor do they know that I have cancer.

Because Max wanted me to (not because it's Halloween), I wore the pink wig to drop Max off. One parent who was walking out with me asked, "Are you Britney Spears?"

"Um, no," I said somewhat unsure of how I should respond.

"Well, didn't she wear a wig like that when she shaved her head?"

Right then, I wish I would have totally freaked her out by pulling off my wig and then saying, "Well, I guess I am Britney!" to reveal my bald noggin.

I didn't though. Instead, I just said that I wasn't sure, and continued on to my car.

That would have been a good one though.

And as I sit here tonight giving out candy, with a very spooky set-up outside, I'm tempted to really scare those little kiddos by answering the door bald.

I wonder how many would run off screaming then!

Happy Halloween!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would have been really funny to take your wig off! That would have really freaked that lady out. Probably wouldn't know what to say.

Thinking of you always!! Keep up the great spirit! Just put on som "Papa Don't Preach" and do our little dance. We were such goobers!! Ha ha

XOXO Jen

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Your house was so CUTE! I need to start decorating more! It was good to see you in such good spirits tonight- Kennedy was all excited to see your pink wig tonight. However, he did say the green one was cool! I did not see your kids tonight- you will need to post a picture so I can see what they were.

You should have answered the door bald- that would have been great!!!!
Traci

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking off the wig at school after that comment is exactly what Lynette from Housewives would have done!!!

In my thoughts and prayers always.
<3 Kristen

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....Are you going to post the kids in their costumes??

Dana

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger mi said...

OMG- you totally should have pulled off that wig!!!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, photos of kids and mom in costume please!

-s

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want to see pictures of the kids dressed as Yardigans. I don't even know what Yardigans are, but I bet they were perfect!

-gwen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home