UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, October 29, 2007

You've Got Mail

I’ve had some really great care packages lately.

My friend Lauren from Utah, who actually wins races, sent me a hot pink running skirt that I’ve been wanting forever. She wants me to wear it to chemo…but my legs are not that pretty, and I think she forgot about Minnesota temps in the fall. It’s definitely going to be my inspiration to get on my treadmill this week.

My friend Lanette from Pennsylvania, sent me the Cari's Crusaders t-shirts for my family, a great pink tee that says "Conquer" across the front and an Encouragement and Praise CD that she made beginning with the absolutely appropriate song India Arie song "I am Not My Hair."

My Aunt Patricia, who is battling cancer herself, sent me a breakfast in bed tray, complete with all the fixings. Yesterday Cameron made me get back into bed after being up for a while so that he and my mom could serve me the yummy pancakes and syrup.

My Aunt Sally sent me dozens of soft Philly pretzels. Now if you’re not from the East Coast, you don’t know what you’re missing. These are certainly not for the Atkins Diet consumer, but they’re the perfect post-chemo food. And Ella can munch on them without choking.

Finally, my Aunt Nancy sent a Halloween package for the kids. This box contained snacks, coloring books, puzzles and one lovely fairy costume for Ella. For Ella I say. But guess who has claimed the costume as his own!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you and Max got matching skirts! Um, I mean, Ella.

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Random thoughts:
1. Love the skirt
2. Do you think that Aunt (Cousin) Nancy would send Halloween costumes for my kids, since it is the day before Halloween and I have none?
3. I love Max in the fairy costume
4. Can you believe how much your mother looks like your Mom-Mom in that picture? It took my breath away
5. How can your legs be "not that good" when you are a runner?
6. Care packages are the best way to brighten a day, don't you think? I'm so happy that you are getting those little pick me ups!

Cousin Debbie

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More packages to come! Keep watching your mailbox! :-*

Love & hugs!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger mi said...

Hah! And Melvin was worried about Cameron getting a mohawk?!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Caro said...

What a beautiful fairy princess.

That skirt is beautiful and then I saw the one with matching leggings. I want the one with the leggings so bad.

I went down the page and read your other posts. I'm sorry you had to shave off your beautiful hair. I think it's neat you purchased the pink wig.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Now your skirt and your pink wig match! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home