UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Strand by strand

So far the fallout has been like this:

On Saturday, I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging a little, and a couple strands came out. Then every time I did this, a few more strands came out.

On Sunday, running my fingers through my hair, without even tugging, caused strands to fall out. It’s not a whole bunch, usually about 3 or 4, sometimes more. Cameron actually thought it was funny and asked if he could pull some out for me.

Today, when in the shower, several strands continually came out, enough where I had to constantly ball it up to put it in the trash for fear that it would eventually clog up the drain.

It still looks the same (I think).

My husband asked me if I wanted it to fall out…probably since I keep talking about it to him. And the answer is of course not. But in reality, it’s going to happen, and I hate to have things linger. I just want to get it over with I guess.

I figure I will make it through this week, and then on Saturday make an appointment with my wig consultant to have my hair cut off and my wig styled. I’ll probably bring all the kids so they can see what’s going on, and not be too freaked with my bald head (although I don’t think Max will sit and watch). And Cameron will finally get his own little mohawk he’s been begging for forever.

By the way, at his own request, Cameron started a blog entry tonight about my cancer. He'll finish it tomorrow and I'll post it then. Should be interesting.

Also, if you'd like to order some popcorn to support Cameron's scout troop, please go to www.orderpopcorn.com and input TEJTEWX when it asks for an Order Key. The chocolate carmel popcorn is to die for!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari:

I can feel your spirit! I know that it feels kinda bleak right now, but hold on...God is here! HE has not left you alone. Look at all the love and support you get from your family, from your friends, from your neighbors, shit! (excuse my French), but even from strangers, people who have read your blog and can relate to you! Not because they are necessariy going through the same thing that you are going through, but because they can feel YOUR SPIRIT! You are a wonderdrously stong woman! So, so, so, spiritually grounded. Unashamed, and willing to share this experience with whoever wants to share it with you. The idea that you talked about early on in your blog, about letting the kids share in the haircutting experience so that it wouldn't be so dramatic, or truamatic for them, I still think is the one to go with! And in relation to one of your other writings on the blog, we don't think that you don't take this serious, or that you are not thinking about it constantly, or that you are not worried, or concerned, and whatever else you said (I can't remember, I'm old!) what we do think is that you are a woman of GREAT FAITH, and that YOU TRUST IN GOD, and we that have been here with you, through it all have that same FAITH and that same TRUST in the same GOD and we believe, as we're sure you do that all things are possible, through Christ who strengthens us, and make all of our ways straight. I've said too much, not my intention. I love you! I'm with you! Kiss the family for me!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

P.S.: I haven't made any comments lately, so I guess I had a lot to say, I apologize if I digressed. You know why! Love and kisses.

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Auntie Nita, Amen!

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us," Eph. 3:20

We're all here for and, in a way, with you, Cari, praying for and with you, sending you our love in any and every way we can!

Auntie Nita, I'd love to meet you one day - you're a great lady, too!

Love & hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home