UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Have pencil..will scribble

Along with being a talker, my Ella is a little writer!

She picks up a crayon or pencil and without any instruction, has actually begun to hold the writing utensil properly. (Max can’t even do this!) Sometimes she just grabs it with her fist, but then independently adjusts it to the correct form.


Then she proceeds to write all in her coloring book, on the pictures in the newspaper, on the cover of cards I need to send, and her latest…on the faces of my niece Chelsea and her boyfriend, posing as a beautiful couple for their Homecoming Dance. (Sorry Chelsea).

I definitely need to raise up the markers, for fear that my walls will be next.

4 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, She's "fine-motor-skill-girl!"

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the start of something big! Future artist, perhaps? Washable/erasable markers/pens/pencils seem to be the order of the day (because Ella seems like one who won't let you hiding the markers actually stop her!).

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Deckie discovered the walls and the WHITE funriture a few weeks ago. We mightn't ever recover. I doubt he holds it properly but he can certainly do a lot of damage with his own style of grip.

Aren't almost 2-year olds fun!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Oh, I have a scribbler too. She actually colored the kitchen floor the other day. I got down and cleaned it but then I discovered a blue crayon mark on the wall in the dining room. Since that discovery, she is only allowed to use a writing utensil in my presence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home