UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

A 6 year old's request


The other day Cameron came up to me and so nonchalantly asked, "Mom, can you get something for me?"

I figured it was going to be something like oatmeal, snack cakes, or some other food item that we had run out of.

"Well, what is it?" I asked, ready to add to my evergrowing mental grocery list.

"A Wii," he responded, as if he had merely asked me for a juicebox, not some few hundred dollar video game system. (This is the one where you physically "play" some of the games).

"No!" I retorted, laughing in disbelief.

He persisted with complete calmness. "But mom, we can play games as a family. Like we can play tennis together, or golf, or boxing....as a family"

Oh sure, boxing...this child obviously needs a little sense knocked into him.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and if you got him a wii, he'd stop making all that great art. that last piece he made for gwen was really amazing...we've got it on the fridge with the other one.

-s

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Cam to make me something too!! So I can add to my frig.

Cari...you know the demands are getting greater for kids.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari-

Seriously, that kid has some amazing talent. He uses colour, and space, really well.

We love the picture he sent.

-Gwen

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. He must have been chatting with my oldest. That's the same logic he's using.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Caro said...

How about a Fisher Price smart cycle? Those look way cool.

Or maybe he's too old for one. I know it depends on the kid.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I am with Cam, I want a Wii also. It looks fun and probaby helps to release a lot of pinned up aggression and stress.

HA!

Especially the boxing!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home