UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

As I've said before, my husband really is the best...whether it's with me or the kids. This weekend he took the kids boating, giving me time to rest...when he's the one who should have been sleeping in. He also took me to the movies....The Proposal was pretty good. We also went bowling at PINZ, and all the kids had a blast playing Laser Tag. The weather was so nice, we got to eat my husband's BBQ outside on our deck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My legs appear to be getting weaker. I can't even move either of them anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The temp has been so hot lately...my mother was able to take me for a walk. It's always nice to get out of the house and not be freezing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cameron finished football camp last week. He was recognized by the head football coach as the 1-on-1 Competition Champion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malachi 4:6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers;

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

Glad to hear you had a nice day with the family! Still praying for you! Loved the photo of your last post; Ella's grown so much! You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart. Hugs!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Happy Father's Day Max. I know I don't say it often, but I am proud to be your cousin. Too few men love their wives and family with the tireless unconditional love you consistantly show.

We love you and continue to pray for your strength.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger cg said...

So glad to hear that you are spending such quality time with your family. We will not give up praying for you and living with you even if all the results are telling a different story. Your husband's love for you and your family are helping me to heal from my experiences and are teaching me that there are good men out there that truly care xxxxx

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Cari - Your husband sounds truly wonderful.

I will continue to pray for you.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Your man looks handsome in his special apron!

It's amazing how nice weather makes us feel so good,isn't it?
I love to just get outside too.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger TJ said...

What a lovely time with the family. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man. Still praying for you.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

I love that Scripture in Malachi. My husband and I studied that short little book before he went on to Glory - and after we studied it we actually led and began a new Bible study in our home - and we taught that book. It's power packed with TRUTH for today and hope for tomorrow! Look up in chapter 3:16-17 were it talks about God writing a scroll of rememberance - those saints who held true to His ways. That's YOU, Cari!!! God wrote about YOU on that scroll!!!
Oh - my sweet sister - my heart is leaping through this computer screen and touching your heart - just like Elizbeth's womb lept when Mary arrived with the Messiah in her womb!

Only God has a way of connecting hearts to each other and to Himself - even if they've never met in person! I love you dear sweet sister and I'm praying for you again and again - that God will see you through this journey. I'm jealous that you might get to see Jesus before me. I mean that. But then maybe not - only God holds those keys - but either way WE WIN because we WILL enter His presence one day and it's not soon enough for me!

Cling to His hem until you can trade it in for HIM! Bless you!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home