UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

need joy, have joy

I hear a lot about how strong I am, but lately I can tell you that I've been nothing but weak, both physically and emotionally. I'm not sure why, but a lot has been making me cry lately. Sometimes there's a reason for it, sometimes the tears just come down for no reason.

My husband continues to be so wonderful, basically having to do everything for me.

We will continue with Cyberknife on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

My kids, especially Ella when she tells me I'm bald, still make me giggle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can, said Jesus. Everything is possible for him who believes.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh Cari, even in your tears and by admitting your emotions is a sign of true strength. We love you and we still pray with you and for you. Thank you for updating us on how you are doing on such a regular basis ((Hugs))

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger KC said...

I agree with Maritha. You are strong! You are amazing!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I pray for you everyday. I know you hear that often. God bottles every tear and hears every prayer. May you feel His arms around you. I can't imagine all the different emotions you must be feeling. I will keep praying.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

Just because you cry doesn't mean you're not strong. Just means you're not a Vulcan (sorry about the Star Trek reference, I'm just a geek;)).

Psalm 142: "I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me."

Love & hugs

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Psalm 32:11 (Amplified Bible)

11Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you [uncompromisingly] righteous [you who are upright and in right standing with Him]; shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Continue to praise God through the tears. His joy, is your strength. He is strong when you are weak.

We love you ((BIG HUGS)) from the valley of the sun.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Cari - You don't feel good and I would be more surprised if you never felt weepy. Hugs.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Your kids make me giggle too! How can they not? So glad that you are having your procedure, and that it got started sooner than it was supposed to. Of course you cry, how can you not, with all that you must be feeling on any given day? I am happy that you are surrounded by people that love you. I pray for you,and your children, and Melvin, and your parents. Love, Cousin Debbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home