UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Family and Running


My aunt came to visit this weekend. It was fun seeing my mom and her sister together. And Aunt Nancy was the hit with Max and Ella.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get my blood tested a couple times a week. And today my counts were good. So no blood transfusions needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




My brother ended up getting 3rd place in the race he ran for me. But it was by .01. So for all practical purposes, he got 2nd. And if he hadn't revealed his banner for me, I'm sure he would've been in 2nd. His girlfriend Michelle made the cool shirt. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 32:9-11 9 For the LORD's portion is His people, Jacob His allotted inheritance.10 In a desert land He found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; He guarded him as the apple of His eye, 11 like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its pinions.
Psalm 17:7-9


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Thank God for continued good news!! How wonderful that your aunt was able to visit. Wow, what a brother! Your whole family is truly amazing!

Keeping you in prayer,
Bernice Adair

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger TJ said...

I'm so glad that your counts were good. What a great brother - in my book, he came in first because of his love for his sister. Your name goes before the Lord many times a day. I'm still expecting a miracle.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

Cari:

Been praying for you and that same verse is on my Shepherd's Walk - Prayer Walk photo for the latest post! May God continue to bless you! God is GOOD all the time - and all the time God is GOOD!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

I'm so blessed to hear the great news! Keiko and I were away at an Advance on the Renewed Mind with our ministry. It was an awesome weekend in God's Word - lots learned!

"For it is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure" Phil. 2:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home