UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, May 01, 2009

1 cyberknife down 2 to go.

My patience, and I'm sure my husband's persistance, has paid off. I was able to have the first part of my cyberknife procedure today. Lying in one spot for an hour was not fun, and although I could have taken a break, I just wanted the procedure to be done and without chance for error. I have two more hour long procedures next week. I'll have to update any progress then.
-------------------------------
My mom's back is still hurting. She's traveling back to Indiana this weekend to deal with some dental issues and spend time with my dad. Hopefully she can get some rest for her back while away from my kiddos.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My platelets are back up, so that's good news.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Peter 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Wonderful news about your platelets and congrats on getting one cyberknife down.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Am praying for you! What an inspiring woman you are to me.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Always glad to see updates. Good news about your platelets. Still praying for your complete recovery.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Great news! Continuing to pray...

Also hope your mom's back gets better quickly, back issues are such a pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home