UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hungry

I try to be positive and not complain....really. For the most part I'm okay with everything...I'm even now okay with getting an evening and morning shot.

But today, I am apparently not able to eat or drink anything past 9:20 AM . Now with the steroids I take, I am ALWAYS hungry. And if I don't eat or drink anything , I become incredibly lightheaded.

Mind you, it's something I have to do for some testing I'm having done, but still, I'm not happy about it. It probably won't be until 3:00 when I can eat again!

And now I feel bad about complaining! I am alive and just should be happy about that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exodus 23:25 And give worship to the Lord your God, who will send a blessing on your bread and on your water; and I will take all disease away from among you. (Basic English)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww, but eating is a major,enjoyable part of being alive so it's understandable to be upset about not being able to eat!
I hope the day passes quickly for you and you get a good treat when your testing is over!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...You are entitled to your complaining moments (its therapuetic)...but not eating sucks!! It does!!

Dana

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

It's hard NOT to complain when you're hungry! It's okay - you go ahead and complain - you've earned it. Also praying that the day will go by quickly for you. When it's time to eat again, you'll be able to savor every bite!

Romans 8:18

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

Job 23:12
"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Oh, honey, it's understandable being a bit grumpy about not being able to eat! Okay, this is coming from someone with a FOOD blog, but still...

I'm with Po (Kung-Fu Panda) when he said "Then I guess my body doesn't know I'm the Dragon Warrior yet. It's gonna take a lot more than dew, and, uh, universe juice." Yeah, for me, too...

Here's to hoping and praying that this part marches quickly for you and you are able to focus on other things today until snack time.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I am Mary Kate's friend from NJ (I gave you a pink camo bandana) and I haven't been to your blog in awhile. I think of you often though and pray all the time. 2008 has been a very bad year for many of my friends and acquaintances with breast cancer and BC mets. I just still don't know how to make sense of all of this suffering.

I will continue to support and pray and send you healing vibes from NJ and may your days get better and better from here on out.

Nancy S.

BTW - Totally bitch all you want about not being able to eat. You are MORE than entitled to do so.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger KC said...

you go ahead and complain, lady!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger LH said...

Geezlouise. YOU and YOUR CONSTANT COMPLAINING!!!!

:)

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Hope your day got better for you. Prayers haven't stopped!

Bernice Adair

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not what I would call a complainer. Vent away. We're here for that too.

Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home