UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Not good news

I got the results from my MRI back. The results show worsening cancer in my spine. Doctor Hunt, who does the Blood Brain Barrier Disruption, allowing chemo to get into the brain and spine, isn't really sure that's a good idea anymore. But we're convincing him to try at least one more time. What other choice do I have? Just do nothing? That's not an option I'm going to take right now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 16:20, "Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord." (NIV)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger KC said...

I'm so sorry, Cari.

You are such a strong woman. I'm constantly inspired by you.

And, of course, I'm praying every day.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tenderly covering your healing journey with prayer.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Lisa and Jason Como said...

We are so sorry to hear the latest results. We pray that Jesus comforts you and Melvin and the kids throughout all of this, and gives you wisdom in the decisions about what to do.

Lisa and Jason Como

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Praying that Jesus comforts you and guides you...

You are an amazingly strong woman! Courageous and Brave....

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger AnnD said...

I am so sorry - you need some good news.

You know the right decisions for you and your family.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Saying a prayer for you now Cari.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Cari,
My favorite bible verse, lifted up to you today! I thank God every day for bringing us together as friends.

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Place my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest for your souls, 30because my yoke is pleasant,and my burden is light.”

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger LH said...

Bleh. This is rotten news. I won't stop praying and sending love your way.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm sorry. I agree on asking the doctor to try again. You are in my thoughts.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

My heart breaks for you and you family...

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family to get some better new. I'm praying for the doctors to make the best decision...
Love,
Bernice Adair

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

Sending love and prayers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home