UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Still home...which is wonderful of course. I have a lot of help at home with my mom, and our sitter Sara is very helpful with the kids.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still on a lot of medication that makes me drowsy. In the morning, from vitamins to antibiotics to steroids, I take about 12 pills! It's a little less at night.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only had 3 episodes of intermittent burning pain last night when I was trying to sleep, so praise God for that.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As with most chemo, it's making my hair fall out. Which means it's working, so that's good. You can't see it too well in this picture, but I have a reverse mohawk!

That dent in the back is where I've had brain surgery before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I wish it were, but none of this is an April Fool's joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a big prayer request. Thursday and Friday I have an MRI of my head and one of my spine. I'm very worried about having the burning pain during this procedure where I need to lie completely still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. 1Peter 5:7

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not ask for some medication that will let you rest-sleep during that long MRI. I know it is hard for any to be still for 3 hours. Peace be with you. God Bless.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

We'll definitely pray for you regarding the MRI and everything else. We sure do love you!

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" Eph. 3:20

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Thinking of you and praying for you especially with your MRI's this week. Hope it isn't too unbearable for you and the results are good!

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers all the time, today and tomorrow during your MRI will be no different! I pray for good results and peaceful, restful days ahead.
With Hope,
Nancy

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Tim, Nikki, Caleb, Ellery and Anissa said...

You will be in my prayers. I work with your husband at United and have been following your blog for a while. I hoep every day that I read it that there is good news. I will keep praying for you.
Nicole

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello-my name is Lisa and I am a close friend of Grace Mark who recently lost her husband to cancer. ( I believe you read her blog?) I just wanted you to know that your story has esp. touched my heart and I will be praying for you that God would extend -as I know He has-special Grace, Mercy, Tenderness, and COmfort to you as you endure this trial by fire. Truly He can meet your needs in ways that we cannot comprehend and surround you with His peace that transcends understanding. In Christian Love--Lisa L.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger LH said...

On it! Love2u

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I pray that your MRIs went well, and that you weren't too uncomfortable.

Blessings!!!
Miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home