UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

It is something

You know that pain that I thought the steroids was going to relieve...well, it hasn't gone away. Even with Vicodin, it's not going away. My neck really hurts.

And there's a reason. Not a good one. The cancer in the spine is growing. I guess the last round of radiation I had didn't kill it all. So that's what's causing all the pain.

Looks like I'll be starting a new chemotherapy tomorrow...I think they're going to do my first round doing a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap), where they'll put chemo up my spine. And then next time, they'll use the Omaya Resevoir I had put in my head back on Halloween. We accessed the port once before, but then we had to start radiation and stop the chemo. And then we started the Xeloda instead.

I'm not sure what the exact plan of action is. All I do know is that I have 3 kids who are very excited to get to Disney this week, and somehow I've got to figure out a way so this cancer does not stop them from having the fun they deserve.

Have faith in God for assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast unto the sea" and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Mark 11: 22, 23

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Oh Cari- I am speechless and do not even know what to say! I am praying for you and your family and hope that you all are able to make it to Disney and have a fun vacation!

Please take care and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Take care- Traci

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

Yes. I agree. Do whatever you can to make it to Disney.

Our kids love us and want us to feel better when we're sick. I know this is hard. With millions of prayers coming your way, somehow this will be okay.

Love,
Connie

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

I wasn't planning to enter another comment, but I noticed that the word verification said "chemo". Now isn't that odd... It was such a coincidence, I had to let you know. :)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger jkhenson said...

You are still in my prayers, and the prayers of my life group. Many hugs.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger KC said...

this is just terrible news, and i'm very sorry to read it.

best wishes, cari - you make excellent decisions all the time, so i know you and melvin will figure out what to do about the vacation.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Cari - I'm sorry to hear this. I so hoped you were on the upside of things. Also I wanted to share with you this Blog Book Tour I am participating in on Jan 20. The book is My Life with Laura: A Love Story by Chad Moutry.
Reading this book makes me think of you, as his wife Laura had trip negative cancer and a very strong faith. You can find info for Chad's book & tour here:
http://moutray.wordpress.com

"My Life with Laura: A Love Story" available at http://www.lulu.com/content/1828195.
=

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is aching for you and your family! You don't know me, but I work at United with your husband and I have followed your blog.

You and your beautiful family are in my thoughts and my prayers...

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm devastated to hear this news. You seemed to be feeling better and you looked great when I saw you last week.
I'm praying that your doctors have a clear plan of treatment to rid your spine of this cancer; for physical and mental strength for a great weekend at Disney with your family and for the Lord to lift you up and carry you when you feel defeated.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

I haven't commented for awhile but have been continuing to pray for you. This week I will specifically pray for your family that you will have relief from the pain and have a wonderful trip to disney with your beautiful family.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Oh, Cari... I love you, sweetie. We will continue to pray for you and the fam.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog since you gave it out at Noah's cookie party. I think you are an amazing person and very inspirational to me. If there is ever anything I can do to help, I am 5 minutes away. You and your family are in my thoughts often.

Sincerely,
Kelly (Rosie's mom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home