UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Tidbits

I am done with my chemo Xeloda.....for a week. My dosage is 2 weeks of taking the pill, and one week of not taking it. I didn't really feel any side effects, except maybe fatigue. I pray the chemo is killing the cancer. I am starting to experience some back pain, which is worrisome, since it's in the same place I felt it before.

My husband's grandmother from Detroit came to visit us for a couple days. She is the "Cleaning Queen." Your clothes will barely hit the hamper before she snatches them up and has them cleaned and folded! The kids had a good time with her, especially Ella.

I'm enjoying my time with my sister and niece. Saturday we went to the Mall of America, and yesterday they went with Melvin and the kids to the Waterpark of America (I opted out of that adventure.)

Max is now sick. Spent a couple hours last night vomiting, and continued this morning. He also has a fever. I do hope it's just some 24 hour virus and not something worse that he might have picked up at the waterpark. It's certainly not stopping him from playing Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii.


Psalm 27: 14
Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger KC said...

merry christmas, cari! i hope max's stomach thing clears up soon and doesn't spread to the other kids.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Max, hope you feel better, buddy! Cari, I am missing you! glad you and your body get the occasional break from the chemo especially when you have family over.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

God bless you, Cari and here's to a safe, happy and completely HEALTHY (healed, cleansed, etc.) New Year! You are loved! Much love to your family, too!

Love & hugs!!

Jaye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home