UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Hey, I voted!

Cameron came home from school today insisting that Barak Obama had won the election...and he even gave me the numbers. It took quite some time for me to finally convince him that it was a "mock" election his school did...not the actual election. I'm sure this morning I'm going to hear a big "See....I told you!" He likes to be right.

Today started out well. I voted. And I went for a slow, short walk. I checked a couple things off my "to do" list. But after dinner, much went downhill. The pain started...head throbbing and with neck pain when looking down, added to all my other usual pains. And they wouldn't seem to go away. I was mostly upset because I couldn't even go in my kids room to kiss them goodnight I was hurting so much. And the more upset I'd get about something, the more my head would throb.

I'm better now. The pain killers finally picked up some. Please pray for me that I can get through this night without so many problems....and that my husband doesn't have to worry so much about this dumb cancer and its effect on me. And give my mom the strength she needs both emotionally and physically to deal with all this as well.

Tonight...the Lord's Prayer.
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done.
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses.
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation.
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory.
In Jesus name. AMEN.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AS WECONTINUE TO BELIEVE GOD FOR YOUR COMPLETE HEALING, YOU CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME WITH YOUR RESILIENCE, DETERMINATION, AND STRENGTH, AND "TO THE ONLY WISE GOD, WHO IS ABLE TO KEEP US FROM FALLING, ALL GLORY, HONOR AND PRAISE, BE TO HIM". BE ENCOURAGED, WHEN THERE IS ONLY ONE SET OF FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND, THAT IS WHEN HE IS CARRYING US, FOR WE NEVER WALK ALONE ..."...YEA THOUGH I WALK through THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL, FOR THOU ART WITH ME..."
i believe- i believe-I BELIEVE !
I LOVE YOU ROZ

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

praying....

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

You are constantly in my prayers. Hang in there. Faith is beleiving in things you cannot see.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what Isaiah 61:1-3 says....He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. Cari, He has done that for you girl! He has given you beauty for ashes, gladness for mourning, and praise for despair...for His splendor. And girl, "The king is enthralled by your beauty" Psalm 45:11(a).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home